Thursday, June 26, 2008

Birthday and Stuff

Well my birthday was the 24th!
Thank you to all the Raveller's on Ravelry who wished me a happy birthday.
I received a lot of lovely gifts this year;pink freshwater pearl set from my sister Sherrie,a pair of pink rhinestone scissor earings and a pink rhinestone dragonfly brooch from my daughter Ashley,a pair of pj's from sister Deb and her hubby Tim(she also brought me a yummy chocolate cheesecake),my mother gave me a Raggedy Anne and Andy wood plagues and $25 gift certificate for Frenchy's,and my hubby Nelson gave to me a $20 gift certificate for Chapter's.From which I did purchase Knit Socks! by Betsy Lee McCarthy and he gave me this gorgeous 14kt gold anklet with accent white gold diamond cut hearts.Even though I worked a 12 hour shift I felt very special when I arrived home.
The day before my actual B-day my KnitPicks fixed circular harmonywoods needles arrived.I ordered 4:2 X 16" and 24" 2.75&3mm needles for the sock knitting class on 2 circular needles that I will be teaching this fall.They are of course wonderful.So pointy.
I also have a confession to make.When my daughter was here she told a couple of her girlfreinds I had taught her basic knitting stitches AWA how to cast on and that her first project was going to be a scarf.Some of the yarn would be coming from a sweater she loves.The girls told her that this was called "frogging".Um I must admit to having of course seen and heard the term but was never certain as to it's exact meaning (blush).Thanks Janine and Kathryn for clearing that up.
Well as to what is going on today.I know I will be working on the socks I am designing for that sock class and going to physio but the rest of my day is an open book that I hope to fill with fun things.
Hugs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/AshleyG/first-scarf

:D

-Ashley