Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hello and the art of knitting on Coffee Break

Happy Father's Day!
Well yesterday was "knitting in public day".
Did you participate?
I was working and it was extremely windy outside so I had to participate whilst on break and in my vehicle in the staff parking lot.Sigh!I did have a few people pass by and notice what I was doing but not one came over.Maybe I should've put a sign in my window:"I'm knitting socks.Come on over".
I quite often knit in my vehicle on my break.Especially lunch and supper.I work on an intensive care unit and it relaxes me to knit.So I dash outside and over to my vehicle and knit a round or two,or3,or 4.
Why do I knit in my vehicle?
Because at this time in my life I feel a real need to actually get away from the unit,the hospital and,people during my breaks.It's a destressing thing.Oddly on my nights I don't mind whipping out a project and knitting a few rounds.Less people you see.It has absolutely nothing to do with any fear of being in a parking lot late at night by myself with nothing other than knitting needles as weapons of defense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Cindy for posting the plight of Widows on Warpath. I hope that many people visit your very interesting blog. I am quite impressed with your blog, as ever you are so very interesting. Keep up the good work Sissie. Mom is so thankful for your words about the Widows and Agent Orange. We hope that people will take an interest in Agent Orange and how many Canadian Soldiers were killed...Ever, Sherrie xxx