Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mohair Lace stole and stuff

Have you ever wondered what a Mo is? Okay,have you ever wondered where mohair comes from? I have.I looked it up on Wikipedia and according to it Mohair comes from angora goats!Go figure and they are real cute.
Well yesterday was Canada Day.Woo-hoo!I of course worked and I worked with an earache as well.Yuck!Lucky me I work in a hospital and of the doctor's recommended some xylocaine eardrops that are working very well thank you.So well in fact that I was able to finish sewing the borders onto my stole this morning.I had returned from vacation and completed a scarf.I was itching to start a stole from a book I had but didn’t have the yarn.I did have some Paton's lacette and the pattern found at the Ram Wools website.There you go.I must say this is a lovely stole and easy to work up.I only worked on it periodically so it took me from March 'til this morning to finish it and it is 76"long x 16" wide unblocked!


This a very easy stole to knit and so lovely as well.
Exciting news! I went to Cricket Cove on Monday and passed my sock knitting on 2 circular needles class lesson plan onto the manager,Gail.It looks like I will be teaching the class starting in September.I also left her a sample to show prospective students.I have the pattern all done on paper and am working on the heels.It is by neccessity a simple pattern that I will share after I am certain that there no mistakes in it.
Well I hope you have a great day.

No comments: