Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shrug It Off


I am taking a break from knitting the socks for my up-coming class and I am knitting shrugs.I discovered a nice shrug pattern on the Lion Brand site "Spring Fresh Shrug"
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/50947.html?noImages=0 and decided to use up the 2 balls of Patons, Divine, Floral Fantasy.Of course I had to modify the pattern a bit but that was easy enough.The only problem I encountered was I didn't have enough yarn to add the ruffle to the body of the shrug.So I had to order a ball of it from Ram Wools because the LYS here and Michael's didn't have any in stock.
While I was in at the LYS I picked up a copy of "Noro Designer Mini Knits" by Jenny Watson and 4 skeins of Manos del Uruquay, MANOS classico color 101 to make Design 6,a sheug.
What the heck is it with all the shrugs?
I am not into sweater knitting.I did that years ago and I am still burned out on them.Shrugs are so much more quicker to knit and very snuggly too.Plus I felt I should have something knitted on when I go to teach my sock knitting class.
It has been unbelieveably warm here and I can't believe I am knitting socks and shrugs but there you have it, I am.
Below is the picture of the Divine shrug that is almost finished.

No comments: