Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Musings

Well I got off work on Friday morning and of course there is a tropical storm blowing in.
I am busily working on my daughter's birthday gifts and AI am happy to report they are almost finished.
I received my package from elann.com on Thursday and I was delighted with everything.The yarn is yummy,the Debbie Bliss magazine is worth every penny,the Patons booklet "Where did You Get That Hat?" is exactly what I wanted and the Namaste Cali Laguna knitting tote is great.I toook it to work with me on Thursday night.Man this tote can hold a lot of knitting stuff.I also purchased a little book on designing knits and I am enjoying it very much.
I own Knit Picks Harmony Wood Options and I love them.Do you feel a "but" coming on? But I need more needles.I swear I have extra cables but I find I need more.I need shorter ones.I also own Knit Picks fixed needles for magic loop and knitting 2 socks/mittens on 2 circular needles.I purchased these separately because they need to have smaller sized shafts.I mean like size 2.75mm excetera.I also own other larger fixed needles and some DPNs and a few straight needles.But and here's the rub.They are not enough!! I need more.
I perfer the Knit Picks over any other type of needle I have used.The 16" Harmony Wood fixed needles are easy on the hands and are very tiny but easy to use.The options are great as well but I am telling you I need more.
It's a sickness!
I was just on Ravelry and am excited that there is someone else in my area who is interested in starting a knitting group in the area.So if you are a knitter in the Greater Moncton area leave a comment if you are interested and I shall keep you posted.
Well back to knitting and waiting to go to the Elton John concert tonight.
Peace Out.

No comments: