Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birthday Gift Revealed

As you know I have made a little birthday gift for my daughter Ashley who will be 26 on the 8th of this month! I find it odd that I can have a daughter of that age.I also find it extremely satisfying that she and I can enjoy a hobby together.Ash had asked me a number of months ago to knit her some fingerless gloves.So I sat myself down and found a nice pattern on Ravelry called Feeling Violet Mitts for which I used the Magic Loop technique. They knit up very nice. I also made her the
Ribbed Keyhole Scarf from The Blue Blog and the Touch of Aran hat from Patons. I made the entire ensemble using Patons Classic Wool in grey mix.I knit the hat on a 5mm, 16 inch circular needle.This is a very soft yarn that my daughter loves.We also got her a Chicks with Sticks book and 4mm bamboo straight needles.We had a great birthday lunch.
One of my favorite things we did was, yes you guessed it, we went yarn shopping. Well I like shopping at all times but shopping for yarn lately has become very exciting to me and doing that with my daughter was extra special. We found a fab LYS of Halifax called The Yarn Shop/LK Yarns on Young Street.OMG! What a nice shop and we had numerous conversations with the ladies that were working there and we bought some lovely yarns for our stash.There is just something so deeply satisfying as discovering a shop and finding it chalk full of so much things that you want and then having that experience enhanced by great and friendly staff.
All in all a great day.

No comments: