Thursday, October 30, 2008

Knit,Knit,Knit!

Well it is Thursday, October 30Th and I am in between my days and nights at work.It has been an interesting week or so.Last Thursday had knitting club or sock group.I have actually started the RPM socks Joanne chose as our next sock project.Friday night I attended a party for a colleague and friend who has changed jobs and no longer works in my area.I presented her with the Potato Chip scarf I knitted her.A free pattern from Knit Picks.What a quick and easy project that gives fabulous results.I used Estelle Watercolor mohair to make the scarf and it took under 2 balls of yarn and under 2 days to make.I am thinking I will have to make a few more.I just love it.It would be so easy to adjust the length so one could use even less yarn from their stash.This is a 10 out of 10 project as far as I am concerned.

The sad part of my days off came after the party when I arrived home to find a message on my phone from my mother informing me that my Aunt Eleanor had passed away and her funeral was Saturday.I knew she had been ill but was quite shocked to hear of her passing.So Saturday was spent at her funeral.My heart goes out to my cousins and their families.God Bless and comfort you.

I of course found comfort in knitting up a quick project to relieve my grief.I pulled out my November, 2008 issue of Creative Knitting magazine which has a number of great projects in it.I made up the "Cabled Wristlets" by Silka Burgoyne.They are done by magic loop and are coincidentally a mock cable pattern!Go figure.It is listed as an intermediate pattern and was a real snap to knit up.I used Patons Classic Merino Natural Mix for my wristlets and think they are quite lovely and warm.The magazine offers 5 good diagrams of the magic loop method and the magazine's website and this particular issue offer an article on knitting with 2 circular needles.Here is a picture of the wristlets I made.

I want to also tell you about this great neck warmer pattern that I found on the Internet and I have knitted 5 of them so far.I have used Bernat Glacier and Lionbrand Wool Ease Thick and Quick to knit them.They take me under 2 hours to knit and are great.You can make them look as stylish as you want depending on the yarn used,the button used and how loose you knit them.I made the 1st one not adjustable but I now make them all adjustable.You can get this wonderful free pattern from
Breeanelyse'sblog.I also rate this a 10 out of 10 pattern.Below are pictures of 2 that I have on hand.I plan to make a few more for my sister-in-laws.


I am still knitting hats for my nieces and nephews.These are for youngsters and I am using Lionbrand Wool Ease Thick and Quick and I have some Moda Tweedle Dee to use as well.I am using a variety of free patterns I have found on the Internet and I have 3 done and just a few more to do.Here is what I have so far.

Now before I sign off to do my housework and grab a siesta before having to go to work tonight I want to remind my friends that the sock group will be meeting at Reid's in Riverview at 6pm on Monday the 3rd of November.Bring your projects and the socks you have finished.So I can post some pictures of them.See you there.

Take care.Hugs.

No comments: