Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Post Holiday Note

I guess I better correct a mistake.We meet at Reads not Reid's.Sorry about that.We did meet on the 5th and will meet again on January 12th. The next sock pattern we will be working on is Hourglass by Bev Elicerio from Knitty.com. I completed the December socks.Which was the Cabled Corn pattern.I knit them using On You Toes Dk boot sock yarn.The pictures are below.




Before the holidays I knit a scarf from the little box of scarfs using Red Heart foxy and Sean Sheep mixed together.It only took hours to do and I enjoy wearing it as either a scarf or shawl.



I knit the easy mohair shawl I had also made for my daughter but I used Moda Dea Tweedle Dea yarn and added tassels.Very easy to make and nice and toasty.



I decided I needed a tiny pair of socks ornament and using Magic Loop I made a tiny pair.I found Amanda Cathleen's Itty Bitty Teeny Socks and knit up a pair.



I also knit a tiny sweater ornament. There is no picture of it as it is packed away with our holiday ornaments.It took 4 hours to knit and turned out lovely.The pattern for it can be found at and a pair of minature socks. HeartStrings FiberArts.

Also knit but no pictures are a pair of knee length socks made with Briggs and Little Tuffy yarn out of a lopi pattern, 2 hats from Lopi patterns and 2 pairs of socks for my neices. Busy,busy!
I am back to work tomorrow but will see you Monday night at Reads for some fun knitting.

Happy days to You

No comments: