Saturday, March 28, 2009

What's going On.

Well as per usual I have been busy,busy,busy.

I am working on my 1st ever pair of toe-up-socks, a pair of lace cuff down socks, testing a sock pattern for a group I belong to, working on my knit picks shawl and I have become fascinated with dyeing wool. I have dyed 2 more skeins of wool using SETA and tonight I am going to dye some sock yarn using kool-aid. There is a great tutorial at Knitty.com by Kristi Porter. I will be using Briggs&Little 100% sport yarn that I purchased yesterday at Cricket Cove. I also purchased some yummy sock yarn by HPKY. It is a lovely blend of superwash wool, nylon, and donegal.I purchased Carmen. You can view it here. I plan to design a nice pair of autumn socks out of it. I also picked a sock blocker kit by Knitcellaneous. It's so cute and I was happy Cricket Cove had a few left.

Today before I forced myself to go and buy groceries I treated myself to a few books from Chapter's. I purchased Loop-d-Loop at the bargain book section for a scandalous $8 and Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's (the Yarn Harlot) Knitting Rules!. Ya gotta love that Yarn Harlot.What a hoot she is and an excellent read.

Thursday night saw me at Reads in Riverview for an hour or so of knitting.I will be posting the next meeting date shortly. I imagine it'll be in April as I am busy, busy,busy.

Don't forget my next sock knitting class at Cricket Cove starts April,3rd.

Look in on me tomorrow sometime as I hope to post a few photos of how my dye jobs turn out. Until then keep your sticks on the ... No not ice but the road.
Hugs
Cinnaknits

No comments: