Thursday, May 21, 2009

Knit in Public Day (KIP)

Okay so here is the scoop on KIP in Moncton.

Hosted by Cricket Cove
June 13th,2009
10am until 3pm
In front of City Hall, Moncton, NB
If raining then in the Lobby of the Blue Cross Building (if that changes I will let you know)
What to bring:a beverage(although there are a lot of restaurants handy), a project to work on, or you can work on the preemie hats that will be going to both our local hospitals, something to sit on, a friend or two or 50.

What is KIP about. Check out the KIPwebsite.

Cricket Cove has chosen two preemie hat patterns to work on. These hats knit up fairly quickly. I knit the 3 needle one in 45 minutes on DPNs,which is very quick for me as I dislike using DPNs. I knit Michelle's in about an hour but I was using a worsted weight cotton-acrylic blend on 3.25mm. I imagine using the baby sport weight yarn and the required needle size I probably would have finished faster.Download the patterns and knit,knit,knit those hats and bring them along with you.Here are the pattern links:

Bev's Preemie 3 Needle Cap

Michelle's Preemie Hat to Match

You are of course more then welcome to knit any preemie hat that you desire with any of your stash. Cricket Cove will be supplying a limited amount of copies of the patterns and yarn. As I am winding the yarn into manageable sizes it will be available on site on the 13th of June. I hear there maybe a few prizes given away as well.For more information drop into Cricket Cove at 303 Mountain Road
Moncton, NB. Open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm, or call 384-7290.

No comments: