Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Better Late than,Well You Know

I received a phone call from Joann in the Read's knitting group wondering about our next meeting.Sorry everyone I m a tad late with updating. Put it down to the great weather we have been enjoying lately and sheer laziness on my part. The group will be meeting on Wednesday at 6pm on August 19th.

Wait!! That's tomorrow night!!

Like I said I have been lazy.

Has anyone been to Cricket Cove lately? Well I stopped in yesterday as I knew they had received some new yummies. Truly you must make it over.They have Knit Picks,Felici sock yarn,Malabrigo sock yarn,Schoppel Wolle, Zauberball sock yarn and some more HPKY sock yarn. Plus a score of other yarns and books.It is quite apparent what I was interested in.

Below are some pictures of Deina's felted totes that she has made and I am modelling a felted crochet hat and a pair of felted crochet gauntlets she also made. Deina is a quilt designer and teacher and soon she will be teaching crochet at Cricket Cove. So all of you out there can sign up and learn to crochet with the amazing and amusing Deina. Also below are the pictures of the toe up socks that the lovely Nathalie test knit for me. I am offering this class in the fall at Cricket Cove.It is a toe up, Magic Loop sock with an alternate decorative heel and looks stunning in solid, striped or handpainted sock yarn. Thanks Nathalie for testing the pattern for me.
Felted Totes





Felted Crochet Hat&Gauntlets



Simple Eyelet Toe-Up Socks



Well that is all for tonight.See you at Read's tomorrow night.
Cinna

No comments: