Monday, August 24, 2009

Post Hurricaine Bill

Well all is well here.Bill was basically a blow and wind event.Our power was out for 2 hours and there was damage done to our back deck gazebo.That is about it.

I am finally almost done my circular shawl.Yeah!I am that point in the knitting of it where it takes almost a half hour to knit 1 round.Not an easy thing to do when your back is in spasm.

Oh did I forget to mention that?

My back went into spasm on Friday.Thanks to my wonderful physiotherapist and the fact that I have done little else but knit, sit and, sleep since Friday I am feeling much better.Well enough to update this blog.

Last week's meeting saw Joann bring her elann.com Petal shawl that she has almost finished.She is making hers in "Marble" acrylic and it is lovely.I hope she has it completed and brings it this week so I can get a picture of it.I have to say I am rethinking doing the shawl in Vogue and jumping on the Petal shawl bandwagon.Joann also finished her spiral socks and I got the lovely Nathalie to snap a few pictures of her spiral socks and my eyelet socks.

DH is wanting a laptop and we are going back and forth on this.I have offered to give him my Toshiba but he is not going to take it if I am just going to run out and buy a laptop for over $1000!!Stay tuned.Oh and Joann and Doris I hope to have a new Debbie Macomber book to share with you.

Below are the sock pictures.Notice the blue fair isle socks.I knit those my six sox group.

Fair Isle Socks



Joann and my socks

No comments: