Saturday, November 7, 2009

My New Louet Victoria

Okay,okay I admit it I have purchased a Louet Victoria spinning wheel!!

I gave Heidi a call at London Wul yesterday and asked her not to laugh too much when I asked her if she had any spinning wheels in her shop I could try out.You have to understand that when I purchased my drop spindle I was very insistent on the fact that I would never own a spinning wheel.

Famous last words!

I have to give Heidi her due she didn't laugh too loud,long or hard at me.I had spent the week after the Maritime spinning retreat drop spindling and looking at wheels and reviews.I boogied over to London Wul in yesterday's little snowstorm and Heidi set me up with a few of her wheels.I had let her know that ultimately I was interested in spinning fiber into lace and sock weight wool and I was mainly interested in an Ashford Traveller or Kiwi. Ummm I came home with Heidi's demo model of the Victoria. Number one it was the only wheel I could manage to spin on and two Heidi gave me a great deal on it. It is so tiny and sweet I just love it! Heidi had a bunch of extra accessories that I got as well, the High Flyer kit and more bobbins then enough. What a great time I had at the shop with Heidi's great patience and it was so soothing to sit amongst all that fiber and try and spin. I was a bit frustrated trying to spin on the Louet S10 and I am certain my face must of lit up when I sat and spun (very badly) on the Victoria. It was exhilarating. I said,"I'll take it", as soon as she offered to sell it to me. Heidi, bless her said "Well you don't have to decide right away" and I agreed to think on it as she did up her quote for her gently used demo model and one on a new Traveller. I decided that hey I can spin on this one, it's very comfortable comes with all these extras and the difference in price was only about $100 or so. So I took the lovely Victoria off Heidi's hands. We spent quite a while going over it and Heidi and I both agreed that a person isn't limited to just one wheel either. So once I master the art of spinning I can always buy(or not) another wheel.I took off like a shot for home with my new wheel and hubby and I took it out of it's case last night and oohed and awed over it.Looked it all over.Set it in a prominent spot and marvelled at it. It really is pretty. Now all I have to do is learn to spin on it.

Thanks Heidi and Linda for your patience. Here is a link to some pictures of the Louet Victoria on the Net.They are not my pictures but I am now a proud owner of one and not the baby.

Have a spinnerly/knitterly Day
Cinna

1 comment:

Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

Enjoy your new wheel! You will be spinning like a pro in no time at all.