Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Just A Little Bit of Fiber

So last week was exciting! I promised Cricket Cove,Moncton that I would have my pi shawl finished to display as a sample in the shop for the up coming knit along of the same. Well stupid me I decided I just had to add a lace border to it. So while on my nights I started. So that would have been last Monday night (Nov.30th).Just so you gleam some idea as to my undertaking here are a few details. The pi shawl ends with 576 sts and the border I chose is knit on sideways and has an 8st repeat.This means that for every repeat there is a decrease of 4sts and 5 repeats of the pattern took me around an hour or and hour and a half to complete and it took 144 pattern repeats.Phew! So I knit like a fiend and finished Friday night at 8pm and handed the completed shawl over to the care of Chris at Cricket Cove Saturday morning.I must say despite my tennis elbow from knitting so much this shawl is very lovely and even unblocked is a nice size.So if you have a hankering to knit a circular shawl or just would like to see it and sympathize with my sore elbow drop in to Cricket Cove.

Saturday also saw me have a visit to London Wul. I won't tell you how much fiber I bought for spinning but it was a fair amount and all lovely. I also purchased Lopi book #25 and enough Lopi Lite to make a shrug. Yup my credit card took a beating. Heidi also clued me in to the fact that a lot of Lopi patterns are great for knitting up my handspun. So I started the hat with dreadlocks from book#25 for my daughter using some spindled and wheel spun fiber. London Wul has a special book section at present whereby the proceeds are to be donated to a charity in memory of a friend recently lost to cancer. There are books dealing with weaving,knitting,quilting and, cross stitch. I encourage to drop by and purchase a few.

Well I am off to work.Keep your sticks/ wheels in motion and have a happy day.
Cinna

No comments: