Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year

Well better late than never. Happy 2010!

I do hope you all had a great holiday season. I of course worked right through from December 25th to the morning of the 29th but New Year's Eve was quietly wonderful. DH and I stayed in and watched "Angels and Demons" and the new Harry Potter. Yeah!

I did manage to knit a few things.I knit my 2 nieces a poncho each for Christmas.
This great pattern kiddie capelet is from Christine Buhagiar of Knitting for Boozehags.
kiddie capelet


From Vogueknitting's Holiday 2009 issue I knit the Ribbed Cowl on page 57. I used left over Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick from last winter's hats I knit. Very easy pattern and very warm.Have a look at Vogue's picture here.
Ribbed Cowl


Yesterday I spun some thick and thin bulky yarn. Trust me it wasn't by design.It is because I am still learning to spin that my yarn is that way. Anyway, it was a beautiful polwarth wool from London-Wul and Heidi assures me I will eventually be able to spin some lovely lace weight yarn.I can hardly wait. Anyways, last night I found this fab cowl pattern on Ravelry it is Knot Your Mamas, Single Skein Lace Cowl.What makes this pattern so wonderful is it is easy, it is free and it gives you the directions to make the cowl/hat in 4 yarn weights!! So my homespun looks pretty good in the bulky weight pattern.Below is a picture of my cowl blocked.Sorry it isn't dry yet or I would have a picture of me wearing it.Perhaps if it is dry by tonight's meeting I'll get a photo.I also made a plain slouch hat from SWS wool and I will get snap of that at the meeting as well.

Homespun Cowl


Well I am off to workout, and shop! Woo-hoo!! So until the next time remember,"It is better to have knit and frogged,then never to have knit at all."

Luv Ya
Cinna

What does Cinnaknits enjoy reading? Robyn Carr's Virgin River novels, Debbie Macomber novels and Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

No comments: