Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pictures and Oops

Well apparently I was very tired when I posted this week's meeting night as I left the wednesday there on with the new date. We actually met on Monday night the 15th. Oops and big apology. We will be meeting next on Monday the 22nd of March at 6pm. The other oops is that of the numerous pictures I took at the meeting on Monday night only the photo of Doris' shawl came out. It is a lovely triangular shawl based on the Alpaca Prayer Shawl pattern I found on Ravelry. Doris made her's out of Lion Brand Homespun in a lovely shaded teal blue.








A couple of posts ago I spoke of completing my first circular sweater from a LOPI pattern. The button band is crocheted and I am none to thrilled with it as it gapes.The sweater fits nicely but the front gapes! Sigh! I am thinking of taking out the crocheted button band and knitting one on. I have to think about it. Here are a few pictures of it. Note the detail on the cuff. I enjoyed knitting a sweater in the round and I am going to knit another very soon.












Below are the pictures of the Feather and Fan shawl I made from the book Folk Shawls. Three of us set out to make this shawl. Tanya completed hers last fall and now mine is completed. I knit it very large but as you can see from the mirrored photo I am very comfy wearing it. The colours are wonderful and as you can see my lab Ralffie seems to like it.







I started a scarf on Sunday but have discovered I don't find it lacy enough so I am looking for a new project. I am crocheting a shawl at knit group but I need to knit on something.Perhaps I should complete some of my UFOs? I'll think about it.

Sock class starts at Cricket Cove on the 24th and I am looking forward to teaching once again. Please support your local yarn/ fiber shops and have a great day.

Hugs

Cinna

No comments: