Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Why I Wasn't at Spinning on Sunday

Just so as you know I went shopping on Saturday for a smaller work tote.Unfortunately stupid me I pushed around a shopping cart for 15 to 30 minutes. I want you to know that I have been dealing with a sprained left shoulder since January. So pushing a cart, albeit an empty cart, was a not so bright thing to be doing. The`sprained shoulder also explains my recent apron making fetish. Therapy! After picking up a smaller and lighter tote bag for work, I had thought about making one but I am rather fussy about my totes, I headed over to Old Navy to check out there sale. Yup you read correctly I not only pushed a cart around I also went jean shopping. Well holy cow they had jeans on for $20!! My old O.N. jeans are so old they are starting to fall apart. Anyways, I walked away with 2 pair of jeans, a pair of navy chinos and another tote/handbag! Well geesh the bag was regular $37 on for $9. What could I do but give it a home. I was so sore I headed home only to have to grocery shopping with DH. I brought DH along because my previous actions meant I needed someone to push the cart and lug stuff. Well all this activity left me very sore and it took me the rest of Saturday and Sunday to recover. The silver lining is that because I knit continental style and therefore move my shoulders very little I was able to get quite a bit done on my shawl and I was able to watch more of the Olympics. Now you may ask, "Was it worth it?" Well I hated to miss spinning but I have to tell you it was definitely worth it. Psst, don't let my DH know about the Old Navy purchases he still thinks I just bought a tote and some vitamins.

  Just a reminder that knitting was canceled Monday because of the storm so we will be meeting tonight. If there is a storm check back later for when we will meet next.
Hugs
Cinna

1 comment:

Heidi, at London-Wul said...

hey Cindy,
Can you call me?
Your baby is heeere:):)