Saturday, April 24, 2010

Just a Note

So sock class at Cricket Cove finished on Tuesday evening. I had 2 wonderful ladies take the class and I do hope they continue to use the Magic Loop method of knitting socks. I thought I would finish the toes of my sock using a short row but didn't care much for the look or feel of it so ripped it back and am doing a classic toe. Perhaps it was the thickness of the yarn that put me off, Noro Silk Garden Lite sock. I find the yarn to be a sport weight and not a nice fingering weight. Monday night was fun as well with a few of us braving the weather to meet a Read's. We will be meeting on the 26th this week.

I must tell you that Jeff who is a regular at London Wul on Sundays showed me his method of plying and I am not the worst plyer ever anymore and indeed I am actually using some of my handspun and plyed lace weight yarn to make a scarf from Victorian Lace Today (pics later as I am at work). I probably won't be at the big London Wul sale on Sunday as I am working until 8am that morning. If I don't make it Sunday I shall be there for Thursday.

 Well that's all for now.
Cinna

No comments: