Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Catching Up

Well I have been laid low for a time with fluid in my ear! Man the pain was unbelieveable. I certainly have greater sympathy for children who suffer from this, the poor little things. I did go visit my doctor last week after trying to treat this at home (what can I tell you it's the nurse thing) for over 10 days. I swear honest to goodness I thought I must have a really bad infection. Imagine my surprise when the doctor told me that I didn't have infection at all but just fluid behind the eardrum and to use a decongestant and tylenol/advil. He also told me it can take up to 6 weeks for the problem to go away! Holy cow!! Bring on the decongestant already. You know Cinna is not feeling well when Cinna can't knit. Anyways I am on the mend now and have started a pair of socks Tribute by Brenda Patipa on Knitty.com.

Last Monday the girls met as usual at Read's and thereby participated in Knit in Public week. Ha,ha,ha. I bet they didn't even realize it. Yeah girls. I had to be satisfyed with knitting on my coffee break at work like a few years ago.

I have gone a little mental shopping for shoes to wear at work that my recently acquired Skecher mary janes do for me. If you are not familiar with rocker bottom footwear let me tell you that they improve your posture, relieve leg, joint, knee and back pain and can even reduce cellulite on your legs and abs. Depending on the shoe. I won't even tell you what I have spent in the last few wekks but it is under $1000.00. Are you shocked? Well in my defense the Skechers are like sneakers and my feet get a little warm in them at this time of year. So the hunt was on to get a pair of clogs with rocker bottoms. Clogs are my preferred at work footwear. You can really shoe off your knitted socks in clogs, slides and mules. So I bought a pair of Dansko clogs and then a pair of Alegria clogs and mary janes. I am totally loving the rocker bottoms and my feet are happy, happy and what better way to celebrate my this week birthday then by spoiling myself. Spoiling yourself is always good.

Here is a picture of the apron I made for Janine's birthday. She is my daughter's best friend.


I am knitting the borders on 2 shawls and am making headway with a crochet shawl Nathalie and I have been working on for a few months. I have put the dessert and the shawl pictures up on that post for your pleasure. We will be meeting at Read's on Monday the 28th as we just met last night and we had a good time. Until then stay cool and knit like mad.
Hugs
Cinna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She really liked the apron~
-The Daughter