Monday, September 6, 2010

Progress

  Well Wednesday night this week will be fun at knitting at Read's as my daughter will be coming along to knit and Deina has asked me to talk about kool-aid dyeing fiber. I finished work Saturday evening and I wasn't surprised that the power was off at the house due to the wind gusts brought on by Earl. At least it was warm and the power had just gone out (again) so I was able to have a cup of tea before heading off to bed.

   I am making progress making borders for the couple of shawls I have knitted. I have definitely found it quicker to knit the border separately and then add them to triangle shawls. I finished a purple Yo-Yo Stripes shawl yesterday. I knit it out of Briggs and Little sport weight, colour Mulberry. I will block it today. I chose the border from the book Super Stitches and it is a sweet little shawlette.

  I had placed an order with Mary Maxim and am delighted with the sock blockers, sock yarn, books and the skeins of Paton's Lace I purchased. One of the books I ordered was "Knit Prayer Shawls 15 Wraps to Share" by Leisure Arts. I am looking forward to making a few of the projects.

  I hope everybody enjoys today, the Labour Day, holiday. See you Wednesday.
Hugs
Cinna

No comments: