Tuesday, October 5, 2010

update

So it's been a while since I last posted. Let me bring you all up to speed

Well when last I posted DD was visiting and we had a good time. One of our things is to visit second shops in the area and we hit pay dirt this visit. I found a bag of handspun wool that included 2 skeins in violets, a skein of spun sari silk and, a few balls of grey mohair. Woo-hoo! Also DD will be accompanying me to the Handspinning Retreat on P.E.I.. My birthday gift to her.

I have lots of pictures this time. I have a few projects by Therese. Notably here green and block socks, her in progress baby blanket with the 4 corner ducklings and, 2 cotton knit cardigans for her grandchildren. Excellent job Therese and aren't your grandchildren lucky. Deina's Uberball socks. My completed handspun with B&L heels and toes, a cowl, SIL's hat, Carolle's white shawl, and my Syrian shawl from the book Victorian Lace Today, page 130, made from Paton's FX sock yarn.

Therese's Socks


Therese's Projects
Deina's Socks


<><>
<>
<><>
Cowl





Syrian Shawl


Syrian Shawl Close-Up


SIL's Hat

Carolle's Shaw

Sari Silk Scarf

Handspun Socks


On the home front we have at least 1 baby chick from our hen Elly-Mae who is an Ameraucana and our rooster Clyde who is a Canadian Chantecler. I saw just 1 chick and it was so sweet. All yellow and fluffy. I just caught a brief glimpse before Elly-Mae settled over it and started snapping at me. I am so pleased after we've lost so many of our hens to a brutal attack and more to poor health. The chicks are most welcome. Poor Bonnie our Chantecler is I believe sitting on eggs that probably won't hatch. DH is very pleased.

Well that is all for now. I will post pictures of the chick(s) as soon as Gracie will allow us to take some.

Hugs
Cinna

No comments: