Saturday, April 9, 2011

Excited Me!

Well, Wa-hoo!! I have just emailed off my registration for the 11th Annual Maritime Spinners Retreat taking place in the Gaspreau Valley of Nova Scotia this October and is being hosted by Gaspreau Valley Fibres and The Potluck Spinners. I even booked my room. If you are a spinner,spinndler,weaver or you just love fibre these spinning retreats are fun and informative. Did I mention that they are fun? This will be my third and I traded three work shifts to be able to go. I just know it will be a great time.

Knitting group last Wednesday was fast paced and fab!! Lots of knitting and chatting going on.I love hearing what everyone is doing. This week we will meet at Read's in Riverview at 6pm on Wednesday the13th. Bring a project and hang for an hour or so.

Just so I can show that I truly do knit I have uploaded a few finished projects. The shawlette is free pattern by Heidi Wulfraat of London Wul called Heidi's Plumsweet Picot. It can be found on Heidi's site or here as a free Ravelry download. I made mine from a skein of Fleece Artist seawool that my pal Deina got me last year. I believe the colour is Victoria.

Plumsweet Picot shawlette
  I also knit a couple pairs of socks from Wendy D. Johnson's book Socks From The Toe Up. The green pair are Trail Socks yarn by Fleece Artist and the pink pair are Kertzer's On Your Toes Bamboo, Blooming Pink 0333. The patterns are for the green Serpentine and the pink On-Hold Socks.
On-Hold Socks

Serpentine

 I finally managed to spin a skein of silk up for Deina. She had a kit of silk hankies for a scarf that she asked me to spin. I spun half on my Ashford Traveller and half on my Schaht Ladybug ad then plied them on my LB.
Spun Silk Hankies

 I also finished plying the black Corriedale Top with some light green fibre from London Wul. I am at present knitting it into a pair of socks from the book The Sock Knitter's Workshop, pattern Garter Waves on page 100. I am doing both socks on 1 circular needle.
Black&Green 2 ply wool

 Well that is all for now. I will see you Wednesday night at Read's or I'll see you around town. Now I am forcing myself to do some housework before nap time as I have to work tonight. I am forced to work to support my hobbies.
Hugs
Cinna

No comments: