Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ladybug, Ladybug ...

Well exciting day yesterday! I am on vacation and as you know I spent a few days of that spinning fiber with my DD in Halifax. The plan was to head to Maine for a few days and visit Halcyon Yarns, the Spunky Eclectic and various other fiber related shops along the Maine coast with my DH in tow. Alas, it was not to be as the weather has been most uncooperative and saw fit to blast us with snow. I was not amused on April Fools Day to wait out the snow. It just was not funny. DH saw that I was a little down and wanted to know exactly what I was going to Maine to shop for.When learning that I was considering a new spinning wheel he was just amazed.
                           DH,"You all ready own 2 wheels dear."
                           Moi,"Dear. Spinning wheels are like shoes. You have to have as many as you can so that you are assured of the exact right pair for every mood and every outfit."
                          DH,"Well can't you get what you are looking for from around here?"
  He is a lovely man and rather clever at times. I must say he is very accepting of my passions.
  The hunt was on for a Schacht Ladybug spinning wheel in our area. I had done quite a bit of research on line and decided this would be the wheel I would most like to try. In an ideal world I would be able to try every wheel out there ( I live in hope) but let's face it this is not an ideal world. After more online searching I found a dealer not more than a few hours away. Que Sunrise Mercantile located just outside Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia. I have met the proprietor Suzy at 2 spinning retreats and was delighted after a quick email to her that she telephoned to let me know that she had 2 (now 1) Ladybugs in stock. Ain't life grand? That whole ideal world thing was coming my way after all. So on a snowy morning (that was just yesterday folks) DH and I headed out for a leisurely drive to check out a few Ladybugs. Suzy is a charming lady and her shop is as well. We were greeted very warmly and Suzy set me up in an out of the way corner in the cafe to try the wheels. I fell in love with the first wheel. Are you surprised? Browsed around the yarn, fibre, books and gift ware. Paid for my purchases and had a lovely lunch in the cafe with DH before heading out into the snow for home.

Sunrise Mercantile

 
Me and Ladybug


Suzy of Sunrise Mercantile

DH waiting patiently in the Cafe
  It was a grand day. I have my new wheel. Which is very quiet, easy to treadle, and is cute to boot. Yes life is good.
  Speaking of which I was to let you all know that I did indeed manage to get my Keurig coffee maker to work last week. There were just a few grounds clogging the dispenser and a safety pin did the trick and it was unclogged and I was able to have my usual Morning Blend.Yum!
Knitting group met last Wednesday night and Doris shared the lovely baby blanket she made for a friend who is expecting and Deina shared a finished hat she made for 1 of her grand-daughters (they are twins so Deina has made 1 for each). Such a nice Nana.
Deina's hat in Noro

Doris' baby blanket

  The Riverview Read's knitting group will meet this Wednesday evening, April 6th at 6pm and the Cricket Cove group meet again April 18th 19th at 6:30pm on Tuesday.

  Well I guess my trip to Maine will have to wait until this summer or fall. Hmm, I wonder what I shall shop for then?
Hugs
Cinna

No comments: