Saturday, May 28, 2011

With Gladness!

Quite often on the heels of sadness gladness may spring.

I have just learned today that Richard Ashford will be attending the 11th Annual Maritime Spinners Retreat . I am certainly happy that I have already registered and secured a room for the event.What a treat to be able to meet and learn from Richard. Make certain you register early.

Um, you all probably do not remember but way back in 2009. Um 2 years ago I started a pair of socks called  the Artichoke Socks by Megan Humphrey with Heidi's handpaint sock wool from London Wul. Well I found those socks when I was shifting my craft room and rec room around and I finished them a few weeks ago. I made them using the Magic Loop method and 2 socks at the same time. I also did the pattern all the way down using the short row heel method. I think they turned out quite nice.

Artichoke Socks
Shawl class at Cricket Cove started a bit late but went very well. I am certain the three ladies taking the class are doing okay with the pattern. I believe CC, Moncton is doing something for Knit  In Public Day on June 11th. I will contact them and see if they have any information that I can post.

The Reads knitting group met this past Wednesday. Unfortunately yours truly was working and could not attend. I am waiting to see if the ladies are able to meet on Monday the 30th as I will again be working on Wednesday and 3 weeks with no group contact sends me into withdrawal. I will post the date as soon as the ladies get back to me.

I purchased Cookie A.'s sock book knit. sock. love. What a lovely book this is. Cookie's patterns are done on DPNs and I think a few of them are going to be a challenge to do 2 socks on 1 circ but I am going to give it a go.

Oh well it is Saturday morning and I must go to workout and run errands.
Cinna

follow me on twitter

No comments: