Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Shawlette

It has been some time between posts.
Sorry. What can I say it is summer and I have been busy pooling (ya know laying by the pool, swimming in the pool. Pooling the verb) I also had family visiting from Newfoundland. Hi guys keep in touch.

I have always wanted to knit Jaywalker socks. I can't explain why. Ya know just wanted to. Anyways, I have tried 3 different sock yarns on 3 various sized needles at different counts. Ya know like 68 or 64. Anyways, I guess it is just not meant to be, my feet are very narrow and so I shall pass on the Jaywalkers. I blocked the Calypso shrug this morning and it is drying even as I type. I think it turned out quite nice. I am working on a plain black version of  the Pooling Rivulet Stole from yarnfloozies. The stole is for a friend who will be cruising in the Mediterranean this August. A plain black stole will be a nice classic addition to her cruise wear.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Chevrolette shawlette by Britt Schmeising. I made it using a hand dyed polworth roving  from London Wul. It is a 2 ply sport/fingering weight wool that I spun on my Ladybug.

Well let us hope that it will be a little less time between posts.
Later
Cinna

No comments: