Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pictures Gone!

I must apologise to JoAnne as the pictures I took of her hats and ruffled scarf last week have mysteriously disappeared. I'm sorry.

Well sock class started last week at Cricket Cove and it went very well. I am interested to see how the ladies made out. I will have to wait until Nov. 8th. No one has phoned me for help so they must be doing okay. Evening class starts this Thursday and Knitting at Read's is this Wednesday from 6pm until 7pm as per usual. Last week my daughter joined in the fun and then she and I went to Michael's as I needed some items and she is always interested in purchasing beads.

Speaking of purchases I have asked Heidi at London Wul to order me a bulky flyer kit for my double drive Ashford Traveller spinning wheel. I have so much fibre from the retreat that I would be 5 years spinning it all into sock or lace weight. Hence the purchase. Thanks Heidi for your advice on that.

My fleece was finally all dried this morning so I shook it and fluffed it and put in a bag to be carded into batts later this week when I am off work. DD and I are certainly getting lots of batts from it. I think she got at least 6 or 7 and I carded 4 more from the fleece we did for her. I didn't weigh the stuff I bagged this morning but out of the original 7lbs we probably got about 6lbs after it was washed. I think that is pretty good. We had a great time DD and I carding the fleece and we also carded together some wool and alpaca. She took home a few batts and I kept a few. I spun up some very nice singles out of some of it. We both enjoyed spinning at London Wul last Thursday. We had to leave early as I had made a batch of beans that were ready to eat by 4pm and she was supposed to hook up with her BFF. Her plans fell through so she spent the night hanging with me and we had fun. I miss her.

Hubby is getting quite impatient for me to start knitting his Lopi sweater as it is getting chilly here. Well he will probably have to wait a few more weeks until sock classes are almost finished. Sorry dear.

 Well until next time
Hugs
Cinna

No comments: