Thursday, December 15, 2011

Party and Eats!

Well it wasn't really a party but our groups annual Holiday supper at the Homestead Restaurant. As usual I ate far too much. Thanks to Nathalie for the nice stitch markers. Note the coffee motive on them. Does that gal no me or what? Thanks to Deina for the nice bag she made containing homemade jam. Yum! Thanks to Therese for giving us all special cards thereby making a donation to the Make a Wish Foundation and to Doris for bringing the lovely angel pins she had made from some of her china mugs and to JoAnne for delivering fudge. Yum,yum,yum! We will be taking a break and meeting at Read`s in Riverview on January 11th, 2012 at 6pm.

Stitch markers and Deina`s gift bag containing jam
Tomorrow DH and I head down to Halifax to deliver Christmas presents and goodies. I am the first to admit that I am a basic cook and baker. There are things I make on the stove top that make very good holiday sweets. Such as Church Windows and Chocolate Macaroons. I also make a very good Peanut Butter Ball. Below is one of four trays I made up after physio today to take to family. It also includes Rice Krispie squares. Thanks to my physiotherapist Chris Mercer for that idea. Below the picture find my peanut butter ball recipe which is so easy you`ll be amazed.


Peanut Butter Balls
1/2 cup peanut butter (any kind you like)
1/2 cup icing sugar
some sifted cocoa
some sweetened coconut (shredded or flaked)

Mix the peanut butter and icing sugar together. Form into balls and roll in coconut or cocoa.
You can also form the balls around a large nut, maraschino cherry before rolling.
makes 12-16

That is all there is to it. Honestly! That is it. If you find there a little dry roll them in a bit of melted butter before rolling in coconut. I also like them rolled in a crushed pecans and coconut mixture. Really there is no limit to what you can roll these in. They can be dipped in melted chocolate as well.

Well that is all for now.
Cinna


No comments: