Friday, December 23, 2011

Wanted and Needed

So it's December the 23rd and yesterday I picked up the Ashford Jumbo Flyer, 2 jumbo bobbins and some practice fibre from Heidi at London Wul. It certainly was nice to see Heidi again and that she had the above waiting for me at her shop made it even better. I definitely needed the flyer as I want to start spinning some bulky weight yarn to make Lopi type sweaters etc..

Jumbo Flyer

The bobbins are drying having been treated with Minwax. I haven't spun since late October due to a sprained shoulder but I had to try the flyer out and so spun a bit this afternoon. I like it! I like it a lot! The sliding hooks on this baby work like a dream and I just know the flyer and I are going to be great pals.

I am always on the look out for needles and of course I had to snag a set of Knitter's Pride interchangeable Acrylics as well as the chunky set. The set is quite nice. Very reminiscent of Knit Picks except the cable is a little thicker. The joins are quite smooth and the tips just sharp enough. I purchased my set from WEBS and the very day they arrived here I discovered in the Mary Maxim catalogue that arrived the same day that Mary Maxim is also selling these needles and to my delight my LYS, Cricket Cove is now selling the straight and DPNs . Yeah!!
Knitter's Pride Acrylic Interchangeable Needles
I finally managed to finish DH's Lopi sweater this morning. Hooray!! Go team! This is the first sweater I have knit him and I am well pleased with the fit. Note to self, gauge swatches really do work! Who knew? The colours are a bit blah but as DH is a mechanic and tends to attract grease like a magnet the colour is probably just right.




DH and Barclay
 

 Well that shall be it until after The Day. I hope everyone has a joyous, safe and wonderful holiday.
Cinna

No comments: