Sunday, July 22, 2012

Glorious Day in July

Wow what a great day!
I finished work this morning at about 7:25 and waved to DH as he drove by me on his way to work. Sigh. It was sunny and coolish a great morning for sleeping after 3 long 12 hour shifts. Two of which were nights. I arose to a glorious July day. Breezy, sunny and warm. I scooted out to the deck with my Keurig, Wolf Gang Puck "Breakfast in Bed" coffee and managed 3 sips before racing back in the house, throwing on a swimsuit, down to the plunge pool and plunging in to the 80*F water. Ah! lovely. My day just got better from there. The breeze stayed warm and the sun stayed out while I spent the majority of the afternoon sunning, knitting, reading and plunging!! I had a lovely supper of fresh garden salad, turkey salad sandwiches and created a lovely wine beverage to drink with it. Man I love summer!

Gone is my knitting ennui thanks to my Yarn Gal Pals of the Reads group. I started our knit along project, Red Heart's Cuff to Cuff Sweater, designed by Julie Farmer and made with Boutique Treasure. I also discovered a lovely little scarf pattern on Ravelry, Kiltipper Scarf by Aisling M. Doonan. This scarf is the perfect project for my (on purpose and otherwise) small amounts of lace/fingering weight handspun as it uses less than 200 yards of wool. and is perfect for the biasness of overspun singles. Check out Heidi Wulfraat's of London Wul free pattern Weekender Scarf . Very nice.

So to my delight I am once again knitting and revelling in it. Also wanted to let you all know about Knit Picks new Sunstruck birch needles. I shall have to give them a try.
See you tomorrow evening at Reads.

Cinna's Wine Beverage Recipe
1/4-1/2 cup chilled ice tea
(I used Celestial Seasonings Perfect Iced Tea
Sweet Raspberry Keurig Cup)
Sparkling Wine
(I used Freixenet Cava, that's white)
Pour both over ice and enjoy!
Yum

Hugs
Cinna

No comments: