Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Birthday

So I turned the big "50" last week on June 24th!!
I have to say this was one of the best birthdays ever. I worked the night of the 23rd.So most of my shift is on the 24th. My co-workers gave me a yummy cheescake and Jeff made us a crockpot of pulled pork.Man they were good. I arrived home to a house decorated with balloons by DH!! He was working a day shift and my DD was coming on the train. I slept for a bit went and picked DD up at the train station and she was carrying, you guessed it balloons. My sister and her DH came down that evening with a double chocolate cheesecake! Yum! When DH arrived home we had another cake!! OMG, I love it. See the festive fifty cake from DH. See the nice loot I purchased at London Wul with my gift certificates. I got a bag of Shetland fibre to spin, some dye to try, see the red handpainted fingering and ball of sock wool? Well that is to make the Lace Cardigan pattern in the Noro magazine that came out in June and I had enough left to buy a skein of Misti Alpaca lace yarn in a lovely yellow.

B-day booty



So I finished one Wingspan shawl in Fleece Artist Dk weight Safe Harbour. A lovely blue tonal wool.

Wingspan shawl
close up of wingspan shawl



Sparkling birthday cake
When we drove our DD back home we made a stop at Gaspereau Valley Fibres and I bought some lovely BFL to spin. My DD bought some nice fibre and some DK wool to knit a few wingspan shawls.

  Man I am telling you my birthday week was great.

Hugs to All
Cinna

No comments: