Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Illness in the Family

Sorry about not posting but my mother has been quite ill and it's been a real nightmare for a few weeks. Mum is on the mend but it will take a bit of time. Thank goodness for my yarnie friends in particular Deina and Heidi. My dear sweet husband who is my rock. My boss who is so very understanding. Without your support I am certain I would have completely fallen apart.

To keep my sanity I knit occasionally on just a plain pair of socks. The other sanity saver were the 2 packages I  received. One from The Woolery I had ordered the learn to spin cotton kit , the silk blend fiber kit ,and the cutest Tatami spindle bags made in Cambodia. You gotta love it. I also received purchases from the Spunky Eclectic a sweet little Jenkins Turkish spindle in bloodwood that I had to try out immediately and man does it spin wonderfully. I also ordered her special handpainted wool-flax blend , some bare silk hankies and I read a great tutorial by Julie Theaker on dyeing them on Knitty.com. I plan to use the dye kit I got for my birthday from London Wul.I joined the Spunky Eclectic Club !

I look forward to getting back to more regular knitting and spinning. I too need time to recover from last week as I got less than 40 hours of sleep in 8 days. It's so bizarre that when someone is acutely ill in your family how you add to the ongoing stress by not resting!

Anyway, the girls will be meeting on Wednesday evening this week. I won't be there as I have to work but we will be meeting Monday evening on the 13th and I will be there barring a catastrophe.

Hugs
Cinna

No comments: