Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Baby Set

So I made this cute newborn friend for Susie at work. She is having her first baby in March, a boy! The ribbed baby jacket is by Debbie Bliss, the Fortune Cookie Booties are by Sheila Zachariae. I knit the set using Lionbrands cotton-ease, lime. This yarn is a machine washable and dryable worsted weight. Susie is decorating her nursery in a Peter Rabbit theme and lucky me I happened to have a Peter Rabbit button saved in my button bin anad applied that to the cardigan. I put to pale blue rabbit buttons on the booties. The hat is a basic ribbed hat, bottom up with an icord to finish. These are very easy patterns to knit.In fact this is the second time I have made the jacket pattern. They get a 5 star rating from me.

I have finished spinning the Newfoundland dog hair I purchased in October at the spinning retreat and am now spinning the Icelandic Lambs wool I also purchased at the retreat from Vicki Mirabile of The Last Resort Farm What a soft wool they both are.

We are meeting at Reads in Riverview this Wednesday evening barring inclement weather. See you there.
Hugs
Cinna

No comments: