Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Update

So I have started a new pair of socks. No surprise there. I am using Yummy yarn in a pretty tonal blue. The pattern is "Water Cycle Socks" by Tami Sheiffer found on Ravelry. A pretty toe up sock. I have also started a circle or pinwheel cardigan by Shelley Mackie. It can also be found at elann.com. I am using wool from my stash for the cardigan. I am using some mohair silk blends I purchased at London Wul a few years ago, some handspun and some purchased yarn. I am enjoying knitting this as it knits up fairly quickly. It sort of reminds me of EZ's pi shawl pattern.

I am also attempting to change some of Cookie A's sock patterns in Knit,Sock, Love book from cuff down to toe up, for my own pleasure really. Cookie's patterns are quite involved and take a bit of thought to change.

I dabbled with dye a week or so ago and dyed an ounce of silk hankies I have from Spunky Eclectic. I like how the turned out and will upload a photo later. I have belonged to the Spunky Eclectic Fiber Club Canada for almost a year now and every month I look forward to receiving my package. I am never disappointed.

Cricket Cove, Moncton is now opened on Sundays from noon to 5pm. Yeah! Now that I work through the week it is great to be able to go and get supplies on Sunday. As a matter of fact I went this Sunday past and used my Christmas coupon and came home with this lovely skein of (pure indulgence) pure silk, laceweight from Luxury Yarns. Pure heaven to touch and look at.

Well see you all Wednesday

Hugs
Cinna

No comments: