Sunday, May 5, 2013

Baby Projects Completed and Gifted

My friend Nicole is having her very 1st baby. This week was her baby shower so I made her a few items. Nicole enjoys those photo opportunity hats . You know like in the Anne Geddes photos. I made her a hat out of my thick and thin handspun wool from the pattern Uptown Babe designed by Rae Lynn Chase.


I also knit her Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Jacket Surprise. I have the pattern in her book Knitting Workshop. I made it to fit an older baby and used Snuggly Wuggly 100% acrylic Baby Sport weight yarn in Pixie Prints. I used Lorilee Beltman's You Tube tutorial.
I made this cute hat also for an older baby using the same yarn. The pattern is Pixie Hat by Diana Chan Taylor and is very easy to knit up and so cute.

Below is a lovely open on the side cardigan for a newborn. The pattern is Eucalyptus by Helen Rose. I made it in Berroco Pure Pima. A dk weight cotton yarn that is so soft. I changed the cuff by crocheting the edge and I also crocheted an edge on the bottom of the cardigan.


Nicole liked a particular pair of booties she saw on Pinterest. I combined to patterns together to achieve a similar pair. The actual bootie pattern I used was Magic Slippers by Caroline Hegwer and the Crocodile stitch cuff is from Laura Tegg's crochet pattern Crocodile Stitch Baby Booties . Both patterns are quite lovely. I used a tiny bit of sock yarn and made them in a pink colorway. Nicole didn't want to know the sex of her baby but I really wanted to make something in pink.
 
Well that is all for today.
Cinna
 

No comments: