Sunday, May 12, 2013

Off the Needle, On the Hook and On the Needle

Well here is the story. In 2008 I decided to knit a ripple afghan. So I found a free pattern bought the required yarn and needle, worked on it for about a month and then put it away until last Friday!! That's right folks about 5 years. I dug it out last week and worked on it sporadically through the week and completed it this morning. The pattern was free from Bernat, Worsted-Pink Blanket. After 5 years it's off my needles.


Continuing the story. The afghan may have been hibernating for 5 years not so the pattern. While searching for it on line I came across a picture of a lovely crochet afghan pattern for sale. I knew that I had the pattern and suddenly I had to find it and make it. Just an FYI here this particular pattern was a courtesy or free pattern with a subscrbed magazine from 1985. Five years ha, try 28 years! Well after much searching of my hobby room I found it!! I wouldn't call myself a pack rat but a pattern from 28 years ago.


Pretty Pastel Afghan
Now this is a crochet afghan that requires 80 ounces of worsted weight yarn. I am using ivory 2 ply 20oz purchased at a yard sale, 8oz each of Cascade Eco yellow color#8457, Cascade 220 color#9478 pink instead of coral, Briggs and Little Regal Fundy Fog color#60 lavender,40z each of Briggs and Little Regal KnitEast NB Green as green, Briggs and Little Softspun Honeydew color#15 as light green, Cascade 220 color#9456 as blue, 16oz each of Briggs and Little Softspun Wedgewood color#40 as light blue and Briggs and Little Softspun Flamingo as peach.
Pretty Pastel Afghan blocks

Yarn for Pretty Pastel Afghan  

I started a Lopi sweater at the end of March and set it aside in April to make baby items and because I had to order a few more balls of yarn in the main color. They arrived on Thursday and so the sleeves for the sweater are happily back on my needles.

We are meeting tomorrow night at Reads, Riverview. See you there.
Cinna

No comments: