Thursday, July 4, 2013

Crochet Projects Completed

I was attending a retirement party on June 26th and had purchased a lovely sundress to wear and wanted a shrug to cover my shoulders and back as the dress is halter style. I found a pattern on Ravelry called the Sonata shawl by Melissa Mall . I used a 125gm skein of Fleece Artist I think is Nyoni. I had purchased it at the Spinning retreat on PEI about 3 years ago in a bargain bin. It was the perfect weight and color for the shrug. This is a very easy pattern. I started the evening of June 22nd and completed it (including blocking an drying) June 23rd.


 
Unfortunately it was so cold that evening that I ended up wearing a different outfit.
 
 
I also completed my Mamy Bag by Cecile Franconie this pattern is in French but is very easy to translate. I used a variety of cottons. Most were Bernat Handicrafters and some Lion Brand Martha Stewart Cotton Hemp blend. It took me from June 18th until last evening July 3rd to complete. There are 43 hexagons. I made the handles by staining 2X18 inch dowels and 4 flower pot ends in Min Wax Gunstock. The actual handles I removed from a purse I never use. I completed thge hexagons, laid them out and attached the final arrangement with split rings, crocheted together using red and single crochet. I made a liner the handles and put it all together for a spectacular tote.



 
 
I am back to knitting but am still working on a few crochet projects. I did a swatch for a project in Love of Knitting Best Summer Knits with 28 Inspring Projects, Sea in the Sun Cover Up by Kim Driggs. I will be wearing it as a summer cardigan. It is a top down long raglan done in cotton. Yumm!


No comments: