Sunday, August 11, 2013

Breakthrough

For the last few years I have been unable to figure out a way to cast on vertically striped socks or mittens from the toe/tip up using magic loop . Well yesterday morning as I was sipping my morning coffee on the sundeck it came to me. I must confess I have been a little obsessed ever since.

  You may ask,"Why is this so important to you?"

 I suppose it's the challenge of teaching myself a new knitting technique.I worked at it for a bit. As knitters will and was astounded at how frigging easy this is and dumbfounded as to why I wasn't able to do it before. I promptly emailed Judy Becker the originator of Judy's Magic Cast On to seek her permission to upload a few videos to You Tube. I was delighted with her yes reply.

Unfortunately my cameraman is working today and, me being me,  I made 3 videos using my built in web cam so the quality is not great. I'll redo when my cameraman is available. I just really wanted to share.

So if you are interessted you can Google "Cinnaknits" or try this link

Happy Dance
Cinna


No comments: