Thursday, August 22, 2013

Yummy Gradient

I have been a little obsessed as of late with gradients. I am presently knitting a Spunky Eclectic triangular shawl that came with some fibre I purchased from, you guessed it, Spunky Eclectic. It is a progressive  handpaint on Romney called "More Coffee" and the shawl pattern "Moth Eaten Shawl"was free with the purchase (I ordered in March and the free pattern was for a limited time only). It wet my appetite for similar but on a larger scale. Say for a circular shawl.I am relatively new to dyeing fibre and I felt I would need to dye about 8 ounces of wool or about 5 to 6 ounces of lace weight. Egad! I finally found a site that sells beautiful gradient yarn and they even sell kits. So today I hunkered down and decided between their numerous colourways. Oh the site is The Unique Sheep the kit is Evenstar which is done in Eos a wool and silk blend. The colorway is a gradient named Viola. It is spectacular and I can hardly wait for it to arrive. Finally another little obsession taken care of.Tee-hee!

A bit of sad news.Our beloved Kiki is MIA. While I was at work on Monday the sun room door blew open and she bolted. We caught a brief glimpse of her Monday evening but have not seen her since. We have combed the area and asked around but she is simply gone. :(

We will meeting at Reads on Tuesday, August 27th. See you there.

Cinna

No comments: