Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Crochet Cowl

Yesterday I crocheted up this  cowl. I used a 6.5mm hook, apx 50gm pale yellow,65-70 gms each of pale and medium green Tahki Yarns Torino and apx 150gm ivory Bernat Roving. Torino is a lovely soft bulky merino. I used the roving  every other row. Chain(ch)  51sts with colour of choice (A)and join in a circle. I used medium green. Ch 1, single crochet (sc) in same space and then in every st around, join with sl st at top of ch1. Next ch3 counts as first double crochet(dc),2 dc in same space, *skip next stitch(st),3 dc in next st * repeat to ch3, join with slip stitch (sl st) in top of chain 3. Break yarn. Start next colour (ivory) in between any 2 double crochet groups and repeat as above. Continue in this manner until the cowl is desired length and sc around after last dc round. I made a sc cord by using 3 of the yarns held together and chaining to a length I felt was long enough to weave through the dc stitches in the 2nd round from top. I made 2 multicolored pom poms and attached to each end of cord. That is all.
Hugs
Cinna

No comments: