Friday, April 25, 2014

Lendrum Spinning Wheel Bag

Okay a few weeks ago I went on about my search for a bag for my new Lendrum spinning wheel. I had purchased an upright hockey bag. Love the bag and so does my daughter who has an Ashford Kiwi spinning wheel and a limited budget. I promised the bag to her and made the large tote bag below to carry my Lendrum in. Well I tried it out yesterday when I went to my LYS to spin. It was miserable weather yesterday so I noted that I would need to add a flap/zipper. The straps are too long and need to be shorter. Carrying the wheel in the tote hurt my back. Sigh!
I obsessed all night about making the changes required or buying another bag. I decided to shop. Not really surprised at my decision hubby gathered up my wheel (sans flyer) and set off to Sears with me this morning. I knew from my last trip that I needed a 30 inch bag. Lucky me they had some on sale. I really liked some of the pretty ones but they weren't quite wide enough. I hit the jackpot with the Hey's XCase Spinner. Wait until May 2nd in Canada when Sears has this baby on sale. I was lucky in that someone had put the sale card out early and I had a $10 off coupon so it only cost me $107 taxes included. Otherwise this bad boy cost over $240!
  As you can see it is very roomy. All my attachments fit with room for more and it's not even expanded yet. It is very easy to pull. Pulls easily over my gravel driveway, stairs and my snow covered deck. Yeah! It is hard sided so protects my wheel from dings and the elements. It has an adjustable interior strap to secure the wheel. My back doesn't ache because it has a nice pull handle.
   If you own a Lendrum folding DT spinning wheel I can highly recommend you purchase a 30 inch spinner suitcase to carry it in or even just to store it.Take your wheel to the store and try it out because not all suitcases are created equal. If family questions your reasoning for spending the cash remind them of cost of the wheel and the case is protecting your investment. It can always be used on trips to just put clothing in. As if!!
Cinna

1 comment:

Will Cook for Shoes said...

Well - how's that for practical!! :)

I just purchased a Lendrum (I'm here in Winnipeg, btw). And I've been googling "Lendrum carry bag" because I need one and it brought me to your blog. I think i'm going give this a try! Thanks for the suggestion!

Trina
tgallop@mts.net
www.willcookforshoes.ca