Sunday, December 7, 2014

Fair Isle Fingerless Mitts

I developed an urge to knit some Fair Isle fingerless mitts. I searched my magazines, books and, the Net. I found a suitable pattern on the DROPS website. The pattern is "Fjord Rose". I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light. I wanted shorter mitts so I didn't knit rounds 16 to 21. I also added thumbs. On round 37 on one mitten I cast off 7 stitches, casted on 7 stitches with waste yarn and knit those cast on stitches, return those 7 stitches back to the left hand needle and continue to knit as per pattern. On the next mitten repeat the above but on the last 7 stitches of the first 28 stitches. *Note that I knit my mitts separately on a circular needle. To knit up the thumb pick up 1 stitch in each corner and knit 9 rounds then cast off. Quite an easy to knit pattern with lovely results.

No comments: