Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Stoles Away

So this month I managed to knit two stoles!
The first was Outline  by Beata Jezek. This is an extremely easy pattern to knit with astounding results. I started this on June, 1st and completed it on June 17th. There a few days I didn't work 9n it as I was away and a few when I was working. I blocked this to measure 37" x 70". I relay like this.


Outline
Outline


The 2nd stole I did was with HPKY's Flame "Otello" . A very brightly coloured, bulky merino wool that I had purchased a few years ago at Cricket Cove when it was on sale. The stole is just a 3x3 rib done on #13 needles. I had 4 skeins each measuring 133 yards. I used three and 1/4 for the stole and three quarters of the last skein for fringes. I overdyed the stole to a more muted palette using GS Dyes acid dye in turquoise. The stole measures 14.5"x 65" when laying flat but naturally stretches when you wear it to about 24" x 70", without the fringes.

Original Color
Overdyed 
Cinna

No comments: