Sunday, January 3, 2016

Holiday Projects

I know that the holidays are mostly at an end but as I worked nights the 24th, 25th and 27th I didn't get to blog. Anyways I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. Before the big day arrived I was busy completing my daughter's Katherine Adult Fairy Coat by Jessie Rayout. This coat takes a little over or under two miles of chunky wool to knit in size 3X. It's very well written and not a hard pattern to knit. It just takes a lot of time. My daughter was suppose to send me pictures of her wearing the coat but has not done so as of yet. She works shift work and is particularly busy over the holidays. She did tell me the coat fits her well and she is quite pleased with it. She decided on the pattern and colours. I completed the skirt with a 3 stitch picot bind off. So I am uploading the photos my DH took of me modelling the coat. I am a size 7. Without further ado the Katherine coat.

 
I also hooked my mother a rug for Christmas but I will have to load that separately as the photos are not in the cloud.
 I did not pick up my Stephen West mystery shawl The Doodler again until last evening. I have completed the first wedge in Clue 3. It's been a bit of a slog knitting this project but I am persevering.
 
Happy Day to One and All
Cinna




No comments: