Sunday, February 28, 2016

Stash Busting Crochet

More stash busting done this week but this time in crochet.

The following is a pattern originally posted by Maria Valles in 2014 and is her Granny Cocoon Shrug . It is more a recipe than a pattern and she links to Nadia Fuad's step by step video tutorial on Yarnutopia.
 I used seven different handspun yarns and an 8mm hook to make mine. It took about a day to crochet and is very easy and quite lovely. I love mine
 The other project I did I used up the four skeins of Rowan Big Wool "Spray" that I had purchased from Ram Wools in Manitoba. I had purchased them a number of years ago (that colour is discontinued) and they have taunted me ever since. I decided I needed another tote and found Alice Merlino's "Starling Handbag" pattern on Ravelry. I chose to make the size due to the size of the yarn. I used a 10mm hook and when complete added a lime green cotton lining. The completed size is 10 inches high from base to opening and is 21 inches wide.
Showing my chosen wool


 I think that is it for now. This week I'll be working to finish the two hooked rugs I've been neglecting.
Cinna
P.S. If you liked the model I used for my shrug you may get an identical one. It was our snow shovel draped in a fleece lap blanket.

No comments: