Sunday, February 28, 2016

Stash Busting Knits

This week I did some stash busting.
If you spin as a hobby as I do you may be like me and have multiple skeins of handspun that is too little to make a large project. I decided to make a favorite cropped cardigan using four different handspun yarns from my stash. The pattern is Kaya Cropped Raglan Shrug by Dawn Leeseman. I usually increase the length of the sleeves and body to modify it into a cropped cardigan.
Handspun cropped cardigan
I had purchased some lovely chunky Merino yarn when I visited Have a Yarn in Mahone Bayin July/2015. The yarn is by the Mineville Wool Project in colour Three Churches. It is a super soft wool with wonderful drape. I used the entire three skeins I had to make Purl Soho's free pattern Mountain Capelet. I modified it so my hands could come out by knitting the 3 purl rows and then knitting 9 rows before joining in the round. A super easy pattern.
Mountain Capelet
Cinna

No comments: